Student Dress Standards
POMERADO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DRESS CODEStudents may not dress in a manner that creates a safety hazard or that interferes with or distracts from the learning process. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Clothing, jewelry, book covers, backpacks, or binders that contains sexual connotations, or mention tobacco, alcohol, drugs, profanity, obscenity, weapons, violence, or gangs are not permitted.
2. Blouses or shirts may not show the midriff or skin. Straps narrower than 1", strapless or halter tops will not be allowed.
3. Pants must be tailored to the waist and stay up without using a belt. Undergarments should not be visible.
4. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be an appropriate length.
5. The following items may not be worn to school: bandannas, hairnets, and altered clothing.
6. Sunglasses and hats may not be worn indoors.
7. Trench coats, knit caps, and heavy overcoats are allowed only during appropriate weather conditions.
8. Belts may not hang down and must be tucked into the belt loops at all times.
9. Attire, including clothing, jewelry and other accessories which may be a safety hazard to the wearer or others is not permitted (e.g. wallet chains, spiked rings or bracelets, chain necklaces, body jewelry).
10.Appropriate shoes that stay on the feet well must be worn at all times. Beach shoes/flip-flops and high heels are not recommended to be worn at school.
11.No writing on or alterations of backpacks, ball caps, or binders, other than student’s name, is allowed.
When a student comes to school wearing inappropriate attire “loaner” clothing will be provided by the school for the child to change into for the day.