School Site Council
The Pomerado School Site Council is comprised of staff and parents and meets several times a year to help plan for our school. The Council is responsible for reviewing our Single Plan for Student Achievement and budget, and increasing the understanding and communication between the school, families and district. Thank you to those who have volunteered to be a part of our 2023-2024 School Site Council.
Our parent/community members this year are:
New parents (Sarah Rieth & Kristle Marshall) and staff members were voted in and join existing members in their second year of service. Here’s our Site Council for this school year!
Parents: Sarah Rieth, Kristle Marshall, Tatyana Linsky, Ashley Lee, Annette Fagan Ortiz
Classified Staff: Lorena Leonard
Teachers: Hannah Hudak, Lauren Murphy, Dolores Vallejo
Principal: Julie Goldberg
The School Site Council is...
…A unique school-level group that is charged with improving academic achievement through the compliant and efficient use of selected funds.
Education should be a joint effort between students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other school staff whose common goal is the success of every student.
California Education Code specifies the composition of the School Site Council as follows:
- At the elementary level: parity between (a) the principal, classroom teachers, and other school personnel; and (b) parents or other community members selected by parents.
- At both the elementary and secondary levels classroom teachers comprise the majority of persons represented under subdivision (a).
- Classroom teachers must be employed at the site.
- Other staff can be any site employee who is not an administrator or classroom teacher.
- Parent may not be employed at the school site.
- Community member is a person who is neither an LEA employee nor the parent or guardian of a pupil attending the participating school
- Selection will be according to bylaws (recommended).